Make store visits quicker, easier and safer
2020 has seen a massive increase in Buy Online, Pickup In Store (BOPIS). Shoppers make an online purchase via Web or mobile, then come into the store to collect their purchases. Customers like BOPIS because it’s faster than waiting for delivery, and it reduces their time in the store.
Offering a smooth, simple BOPIS process encourages shoppers to make a purchase from you instead of going elsewhere. They need to be reassured that they will get what they ordered, and they need clear information on where and when to pick up, as well as notification if things are running late.
From the business perspective, staff need easy to use tools that ensure they deliver the right bags to the right customer, at the right time. They need to be able to tell customers when their order is ready to collect.
- Increase sales by offering better collection options
- Simplify the process for the customer
- Reduce errors from delivering the wrong bags
- Reduce waiting times for customers
- Reduce the number of missed pickups
- Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty
What can Ombori Grid offer?
Ombori Grid’s BOPIS solution can be deployed quickly and easily. It interfaces with your existing e-commerce infrastructure. It uses the customer’s mobile phone to ensure they get the information they need, where and when they need it, and to ensure you can stay in communication with them throughout the process.
It can be fully configured to reflect your unique needs and your brand.
Configure pickup slots
- You determine the number of pickup slots and the frequency for each location. For example, you could allow 5 pickups every 30 minutes, or one every 15 minutes. You determine the hours when pickup is available.
Book pickup slot
- Customers make a purchase online via Web or mobile and then select in-store pickup. They choose a convenient time to collect their order. The order and pickup time is then passed to staff for fulfilment. The customer receives a confirmation on their mobile device telling them where and when they have to go to collect, and explaining the procedure.
- If the customer needs to reschedule the pickup, they can do so via their mobile device. For example, they may be stuck in traffic. Updated information is passed to the staff. Staff can also reschedule appointments if necessary so that customers are not kept waiting unnecessarily.
- When the order is ready, the customer receives a notification. This reminds them that they need to go to the store.
- On arrival, the customer uses their mobile app to tell the staff that they are there.
Find the pickup location
- Digital signage and Wayfinders at the store entrance or inside the store help customers locate the pickup station.
- When the customer arrives at the desk, staff can verify the customer’s identity via the confirmation on their mobile device. This allows them to ensure they have the right customer.
- Once the customer has received their purchase, the delivery is marked as complete, ensuring you have an audit track of all BOPIS orders.